Last night, as I was trying to get to sleep, I began thinking about this blog, about how I’ve been inconsistent with it and how I don’t quite have a clear vision of what I want it to be. So far, I’ve just been stumbling along, hoping it would all work itself out, and that, just by trying to be at least somewhat consistent about adding to it, the blog would find its own direction and take me there.
Some time later,( I’m not sure if I was asleep, awake, or somewhere in between at the time) ideas bounced around in my head, and I formulated a partial list of possibilities for what my blog will become. Unfortunately, some of these grand ideas were likely lost in the transition from dreams/groggy mind wandering to full consciousness, but here’s what I recall.
What my blog wants to be when it grows up
- A delightful mix literature, photography, and fashion, blended together seamlessly (I’ve been kicking around the idea of a style blog as of late, and I think that’s where this idea came from)
- An unstructured, stream-of-consciousness type of thing that everyone will want to go back and read when I’m famous
- A day-by-day account in the life of a writer as she claws her way to fame and fortune
- Cats, there should be pictures of cats
- Maybe some stuff about yoga
- Shoebox cheese pants!
- Betty White
Needless to say, I was a bit more conscious for some of these than for others. So, I haven’t got it all figured out yet, but thanks for reading in the meantime.